Thursday, April 24, 2008

She's Got Her "G"!!!

She's got her G - she's now a Groschke!!!! A few weeks ago - I had the absolute honor to photograph the wedding of Kim Viguers and John Groschke. They're such a cute cute couple and are so stinking fun to be around. Weddings usually take me every bit of 4 to 6 weeks to do the processing. I created a slide show for them last weekend because they were just so anxious to see some of the images. It was just a quick draft slideshow, but I knew it would make her mother cry buckets! She called and reported to me that indeed - she did!

Anyway - about the couple. They met at Stephen F. Austin and now live in Houston, Texas. Some fun facts about the couple.....

  • John tore his ACL over Christmas vacation.....it was touch and go if he'd be able to walk at the wedding!

  • Judy, the mom, created & planned Kim's wedding since she was back in Houston taking care of John!
  • Mark, on of Kim's dads, had surgery about a month before the wedding, and had more surgery scheduled a week or so later!
  • I sprained my ankle the Tuesday before the wedding & didn't tell anyone - I was too afraid to freak out Judy! I had to deliver some adorable 3x3 mini-albums for the guests & walked in pain so she wouldn't notice.
  • My 2nd Shooter, Rich, is an amature storm chaser - he had the weather radar on in the back room - if he saw movement - he would have been "otta there"

The weather was fantastic (sorry Richie) - since it was outdoors everyone feared rain - we felt minor sprinkles and then everything just fell into place.



The first 3 pictures you see are so very special - they are actual captures of when John and Kim saw each other for the first time - makes me cry just to see Kim's expression!





Such a BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL Bride!!! I wish I had a camera on Luke (the dad) just so I could see his face in this image - I bet there were tears!



Lovey-Dovey - Kiss Kiss!




Yes, John, I think this was my absolute favorite picture of you of the night! You've married into one spirited - fun-loving family!!! Debbie (the bride's other mom) gave me the heads up this would happen - so I was ready! I can't wait to hear what you do to get them back!






....and they lived happily ever after





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I wouldn't GIVE to have images like this of my day! You have an amazing talent to capture the moment and the day. Phenominal!

Anonymous said...

Love these! Where were you when I got married?
I love the creative angles and the special moments you captured. Well done Shelley!

Anonymous said...

What fabulous portraits! I love looking at your blog- you always do a fantastic job!

Jones Academy said...

What a great capture of their special moment together seeing each other at the wedding! I would love to have a picture of my husband when he first saw me!

That kiss is so sweet and tender! Beautiful portraits, what a treasure they'll have forever!

La- said...

Those images totally capture the love story of that day! I want this exact kind of photography ic I get married some day!!

La-

Anonymous said...

OOOoooooh! These are nice! Kim, you look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Shelley, I wish I had found you before I got married!! My wedding pictures and our photographer were so disappointing. I wish our photographer had your eye! These are beautiful!!! You did a wonderful job capturing their special day. Keep up the great work!