Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mercy me - it was a GREAT day!!!




So, if you've been following my blog, you know that I was laid off on Monday. I was "shocked" on Monday, and was "Mopey" on Tuesday. However, today, Wednesday, I look at it as a blessing. I updated my resume, contacted a few recruiters, have a few appointments already lined up, and several leads. I was touched that so many people offered to help me with my resume (it was quite dusty) and went out of their way to make calls on my behalf. Can you believe that? I love my friends! To top it all off - I received BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL flowers from a "Secret Somebody" - THANK YOU - they really made my day. Mercy me - talk about timing.

Once I got the flowers - things just fell into perspective. It was just a job. I can get another one. The most important things in my life are my family. The love of my husband. When he hugs me - all my problems just just melt away. When I hear my daughter laugh - I want to laugh with her because her giggles are so contageous. I wish I could bottle them up to use later when I'm feeling sad. When I see my son smile - I just know he's got some funny joke he's about to tell me. They are what is most important in my life. I'm so blessed.

1 comment:

The Moose said...

Darn skippy you are.... we love you, girl!