Thursday, August 23, 2007

Walking In LA

So earlier this year, I had to go on a business trip to Los Angeles. I had never been there before. On one of our free days, we did the tourist stuff - drove around Hollywood. Wow - TV just doesn't do it justice. During the trip, I only saw 2 movie stars. You'd never guess in a million years who - so I'll just tell ya. Ted Danson and his wife Mary Steenburgeon (sp?). He's older looking than I thought (and tall), and she's adorable. I was actually walking back to my table when I noticed them. I did a double take because they looked familiar and I didn't know why. LOL - I'm sure they get that alot. You know - now that I think of it - I also saw Kat Von D (for those Miami and LA Ink fans). Funny - it was when I was leaving the restaurant that I saw Ted Danson. At first I thought "that pretty girl sure does have on an ugly shirt" - then I realized it was tattoos! She's much shorter than she appears on TV (ok, she's still taller than me!). I also "think" I saw Steven Segal on Rodeo Drive, but I'm not totally sure it was him. So, I'll count it anyway!

Later that night we went to Grauman's Chinese Theater. It was fun putting my hands/feet in the star's hand/foot prints. For the record, I thought John Wayne's "boot-prints" would be much larger. Other observations - Marilyn Monroe had man hands & Betty Grable and I share the same shoe size. In fact, Debbie Reynolds & I do too!

During our day trip, we took a drive down Mulholland Drive (pictured below) and the scenery was breath-taking. it was a bit "smoggy", but what else can you expect in LA, right?

We also went to have a few drinks at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Wow - it was cool. We drove around Sunset Blvd (a shot of a Beverly Hills Cop is also below!). Sunset BLVD - is awesome. Night-clubs everywhere. It where all the action is. Drove my Whiskey-A-Go-Go (any Doors fans?), the Viper Room (River Phoenix fans?), and continued our drive until we dead-ended to the Pacific Ocean. Yep - Drove along the PCH and saw the Santa Monica Pier.......then got lost on the highway!

Have you been to LA? If so - tell me about your trip!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: