Saturday, September 15, 2007

10 Reasons Why To Wear Shoes In Your Backyard

Happy Saturday everyone. I was a productive gal today. I totally cleaned out my bathroom - serious cleaining - as in - throwing out all expired meds, under cabinets, etc.

My husband Michael spent the afternoon cleaning up the backyard - doing necessary yardwork since our yard guy never showed up.

So, once I was done w/my "woman's" work - I decided to sit on the patio and just enjoy the evening. I also walked out into our backyard (we have a really big backyard - maybe 1/4 acre). I was barefoot and decided I'd share with you all why it is important to wear shoes when walking in the backyard.

10. Cute little doggies lick your toes
09. Cute little doggies leave little presents all over the place
08. Ants
07. Prickley grass
06. No-See-Em bugs
05. Rotten Pecans on the ground
04. Rotten Pears on the ground (that fell from the neighbor's tree, but that's another story)
03. Sprinkler heads buried in the grass
02. See #8
01. SNAKES! Yes, let me say that again SNAKES!

I stepped on a snake. I have no idea what kind it was. I'm pretty sure it was just a harmless grass snake, but honestly, when you're barefoot and you step on a snake - it doesn't really matter! I'm thankful it didn't bite me. I ran into the house to get my camera, but Michael killed it and tossed it over the fence. Don't worry - not the neighbor's - we have a HUGE field at the end of our property.

1 comment:

-HH said...

I see no Sunday post....hmmmmmm.....