Thursday, September 20, 2007

Geckos Need to Pay Rent!

I just can't believe how many geckos have invaded my home. Yes, I know they're harmless. Yes, I know they eat bugs & spiders. Yes, I know they're more afraid of me than I am of them. However, they are all over my house - on the outside and inside. It's freaky watching TV and you see something dart across the floor - or across the wall - or in the case below - on the ceiling!

One night, my husband threw one outside, and then 5 more came in the house! I'm serious! For the record, it's very true - they will drop their tail when scared. It's also very true that their tails still wiggle after they're "detached". It's also very true that a wife will scream and jump 10 feet in the air when her husband throws the detatched wiggly tail at her! It's a fact that husbands have to sleep on the couch afterwards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ewwww...we had lizards galore when we lived in FL. Trust me I am more afraid of them then they are of me.....

Shelley Edwards said...

You're right Andie - I think I'm more scared of them than me too! Especially when dead wiggly tails are tossed my way! Ewwwww!