Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Simple Pleasures

Time is flying and today I took a little time to enjoy myself. I did something totally amazing and it really energized me. You'll never guess what I did. I took a long walk w/my dog Ripley. We walked the entire neighborhood. Ok, I know what you're thinking - geez girl - all you did was walk the dog. I know that's all I did - but I really took the time to notice my neighborhood - the sounds - the smells - the smiles. I had no idea so many people in our 'hood were home during the day - so much activity. I also had no idea how many stinking gnats are around - geez louise!

During my walk I thought about "Simple Pleasures" - these are things that bring a smile to your face. Here are a few of mine.....

My daughter's laughter - her giggles are hysterical
My son's humor - he'll make you giggle!
My husband's kindness - it's just in his nature to be so stinking sweet

Ok - I think every wife/mother can say the same things as me. Here are some more.....

I love it when a friend Wendy calls me just to "chit-chat"
I love it when a butterfly lands on me
I love it when I get a front row parking spot at Target (well, anywhere)
It totally makes my day when I find a forgotten $5 bill in my back pocket
I get excited when my clients call to tell me how much they love their portraits

What are your simple pleasures?

No comments: